Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Discoveries for this Week's Post
  • It is better to type the information to be posted directly into Notepad, cut/paste into the Blogger text box and then apply formatting. I found it best to avoid Word altogether. When saving is problematic, publishing without saving first seems to have worked fine.
  • SLV was a good source of information for my topic. I searched the catalogue and found 6 six books easily (and could have asked for several more appropriate items if I wanted to ask for them to be retrieved from the remote store). SLV also has great databases. The ones I found useful were 'Grove Art Online: Oxford Art Online' and the the 'Oxford Companion to Western Art'.
  • I did not expect my topic to have never been studied previously, but when I did a Blog Search for my Blog I was quite unprepared for the huge number of blogs, on exactly the same subject, already in existence.

No comments: